Saturday 19 September 2015

New York Fashion Week - 2015

New York Fashion Week. The start of the fashion month, and the words every fashion lover drools over. This year I've been keeping track of NYFW through apps like Vogue Runway, Instagram and YouTube, and I've loved almost every show. Everything I've seen has been amazing with beautiful silhouettes and colours. So I've rounded up my top 7 (I know 5 was too little and 10 was too much) favourite shows and my favourite look from each show.

1. Alice & Olivia
Okay, so I couldn't choose my favourite look, but these two were just far too hard to choose between. To be honest I've never really paid much attention to Alice & Olivia but this year I've fallen in love. This whole collection had a Wild West vibe to it with brown suede, fringe and crochet, and the dresses had a Mexican/ Spanish feel with intricate beading and beautiful orange and red patterns. 

2. Carolina Herrera 
Again, I've never really paid all that much attention to Carolina Herrera, but this year my eyes have been opened to a stunning and feminine show with beautifully structured but soft pieces. The top of this look in particular reminds me of how I view the 70's with utility style boxy shoulders while incorporating a very 60's 'The Help' style belt and skirt, then combining that with slightly more modern relaxed sandals. 

3. Delpozo 
I know, two looks again but this collection was so stunning it was hard enough to pick just two looks. Both these looks combine stunning feminine colours and patterns with edgy, modern structure. I think that is why I love this collection so much.

4. Diane von Furstenberg
I adore Diane and everything she does and this collection is no different. It is bright and relaxed and perfect for summer. I love this look because I can see myself in it. This whole collection is very wearable and embodies summer.

5. Givenchy 
I often find that a lot of the Givenchy collections seem a little too gothic and edgy for me on the runway and then I see Kim Kardashian wearing it in the street and have to have it. But this collection is definitely one of my favourites and I adore this look.

6. Marchesa 
I loved this collection, every single dress was stunning, but this dress in particular stood out for me. The beautiful neck line and detailing makes me fall in love with this dress more and more every time I see it. 

7. Victoria Beckham 
As usual the queen has delivered a beautifully baggy show. In this collection VB has played with texture and pattern a bit more than usual as seen in the look I've chosen. I love this look because it's a very VB silhouette and colour, but a very un-VB pattern. 

So NYFW is over, but fashion month is just beginning and I am looking forward to seeing many many more stunning collection to come.

Thank you for reading.
- Emma x 






No comments:

Post a Comment